Virkkula birdwatching tower is the most popular sight at Liminka Bay Visitor Centre – for good reason!
The great two-storey birdwatching tower opens a wide view across Liminka Bay. That is the best spot to watch hundreds of migrating birds in the area every spring and autumn.
The tower is located at the distance of 600 meters from the Visitor Centre. The wide duckboard path to the birdwatching tower is accessible also with a wheelchair and suitable for families with children.You can borrow binoculars for free from Visitor Centre when visiting the birdwatching tower.
Useful tips for visitors of Virkkula birdwatching tower are below:
– best time to visit the place is from the end of April to the end of September;
– best place to detect black-tailed godwit;
– the east-side grazing area is home to curlews, sandpipers and ruffs;
– especially in the winter time, you can see a white-tailed eagle looking for food;
– large gatherings of waterbirds in autumns.
It is also allowed to bring pets to bird-watching tower, kindly keep your pet on a leash.